Tuesday, September 14, 2010

John Darrin Barker

John Darrin started taking fiddle lessons again last night. He knows how to play the fiddle very well in my opinion, but wants to get even better. I am so excited that he is taking lessons again. He is so musically talented it is crazy. He plays the fiddle, mandolin, guitar, and drums. *cough-show off-cough*. The drums are his main instrument, and from what I hear from people that know music- he is pretty dang awesome at it! I think that is cool myself. I mean I married the awesome drummer that rocks out and is all cool and talented and stuff. While some of you might have known about how awesome JD is, some might not be familiar with it so allow me to educate you on the awesomeness of my husband (and by proximity- me.)

We will start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. This is what JD looked like when he graduated from San Saba high school.


Now that is some curly hair! He calls them his doo-doo curls. Apparently, being the rebel that he is, John Darrin didn’t particularly like getting hair cuts in high school. This dislike of haircuts carried over into college and with his newfound freedom from dress codes JD didn’t get a haircut for the next three years. That’s right THREE YEARS!

That brings us to the next stage of the life of John Darrin. The stage when he moved to Denton, became a hippie, played in a rock band, and was a scallywag.


Hippie and scallywag at the same time…


Making eyes at his friend, David.


And hanging out with more scallywags in his band, Black River Crow.

Oh, and here is a picture of him playing the drums and looking awesome…


Sidenote- I bought this completely tasteless shirt that I only where around the house (and to my brother’s just to freak him out a little bit) that says “Save a drum, bang a drummer.” I think it is awesome.

I have to be completely honest with you friends and tell you that I had the biggest crush on John Darrin when he had his long hippie hair. It was HOT! For real, super attractive to me. Which is kind of funny because I was never really into hippies that much. Well, John Darrin finally cut his hair in February of 2008 and we started dating in April 2008. This worked out really well for me because my mother always told me that I couldn’t date a guy that has prettier hair than me.

Here is the before and after comparison for you.




And that is my husband now. He loves me, and his horse, and roping, and playing the fiddle, and me, and sunsets, and me, and Bob Wills, and his family, and my family, and me. And that makes me awesome by proximity.

No comments:

Post a Comment