Thursday, July 22, 2010

Colton Wayne

Last Saturday my sister-in-law, Candace, asked my mom to take some maternity pictures for her. I of course invited myself along to join in the fun because that is what I do.


I am the type of person who will do whatever it takes to get the invite to join the fun, or I will just invite myself along. And I am not so proud as to turn down the “pity invite” either. I will take what I can get. I can’t tell you how many times I have done this to my dad. (He has totally caught on by the way, but plays along to make me happy!) It goes like this any given Friday:

Me: Hey Papa Bear, what are y’all doing tonight? (I know full-well what they are doing because they do the exact same thing every Friday.)

Papa Bear: Oh, probably going to eat at Ernesto’s.

Me (excited): Yum! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Papa Bear: Yep, what are y’all doing tonight?

Me (pitifully): Oh, I don’t know. We don’t have any plans really.

Papa Bear (chuckling): Well, I suppose you could join us if you would like to.

Me (exultantly): Aw, thanks for the invitation Daddy. We would love to!

And then I call Mom and tell her that we are going to dinner with them because Pa invited us and she laughs because she knows exactly how it all went down.

Wow, I got sidetracked. Back to the original story- Candace, baby, pictures.

Candace is the most adorable pregnant thing ever. She broke 100 pounds for the first time in her life during her pregnancy. She has 6 weeks to go until little Colton Wayne comes to meet us. I couldn’t be more excited.


While taking pictures of Candace is incredibly easy because she is so photogenic, taking maternity pictures is not always easy. In my opinion they can get very awkward, very quickly. For example, the painted belly:

"This is my impressionist painting. I call it 'Baby Love Trees Ariana'."
Or the listening to the belly approach:

"I can hear the ocean. And look! A seagull feather!"
And the worst of all-- half-dressed, completely inappropriate, shots:


Sometimes there are no words. Well, besides "EWW!" "Yuck!" and
"I will never be able to watch The Little Mermaind again."
And I have to throw this one in there. It is a category all its own:

"This is my baby, and my baby, and I just done shot this baby!"
(I got all the pictures from awkwardfamilyphotos.com, you should check it out sometime.)

Luckily, Candace has better taste than these people and is just precious. Here are some of my favorite shots of her.




Just look at that belly!!







I mean really, that belly looks fake! It looks like she is trying to steal a watermelon! I love it! Congratulations again to Jason (Bubba) and Candace! I am so excited for you two!


With baby fever,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment