Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Music: Today's mod 60's

I love love love music!  And I want to share my passion with the world, so here is some songs that have a feel from the mod 60's, songs you can twist to with style...


VV Brown - Everybody
This girl is awesome, she just has talent and style oozing out of her!  Before her debut album she was writing and producing music for other artists.  Her songs have a retro-jazzey feel to them with a modern pop twist, super fun.  Plus, every outfit she wears is adorable!  I strongly suggest listening to more than just this song, her whole album is fun and danceable.


Charlie Winston - In Your Hands
Love this song!  You should of seen me dancing to it in my car this morning.  It just makes you want to move!  There are some African dance beats mixed with a bluesy coolness.  I feel like Charlie Winston in person is one cool cat, just from the way his songs sound, and his bit of dancing at the end of this video.  Oh, also Amelie star Audrey Tautou is in his video "I Love Your Smile" so of course he must be pretty suave. 


Codeine Velvet Club - Hollywood
Girls get your red lipstick, black eyeliner, and bee hives up!  While guys go get your skinny suits on, shine up your dancin' shoes and sport your Roy Orbison sunglasses!  This song is so fun and a real take back to the mod 60's, but with a modern rock twist.  I linked another in studio video instead of their official video because I don't think the official video really captures the twist action of the song.


Airborne Toxic Event - Papillon
Okay, brace yourself, this song has a lot more rock than the other three, but it def has a 60's twist feel to it.  And what I love is that it mixes some of my favorite music era's Early Rock'n Roll & 80's Punk!  How glorious!  Just listen to this and get lost in the song, totally okay to do some jumping around and falaling along with the twisting. Also, here is a link to see how fun they are live, I would love to go see them in concert, the keyboardist gets real into it!


Fyfe Dangerfield - She Needs Me
When I listen to this song I imagine someone so happily in love and wants to spin around and yell it to the world like Maria in Sound of Music.  Also, I think of silly dancing and laughter and passion and gorgeous colors!  This is the music video I have in my head, unfortunately Fyfe didn't ask me when he was making his video.  Its, uh ok.  You can always close your eyes and imagine one up yourself.  I love love the strings in this song, and the surprise of trumpets.  Just lovely.

2 comments:

  1. me gusta!! :) I really like the first girl and the second guy. aaaand I really like you!!

    ReplyDelete