Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Details

I love details in things. You know when look at a drawing or painting or sculpture and you see the minute details that the artist thought so important that they took the time to create and it just blows your mind? I love those kinds of details, but they are not my favorite kind of details. My favorite details are the ones in nature. The ones that when you take the time to stop and look at them, you think, “It was one heck of an artist that created this.” On top of that, this was created by one heck of an artist who cared enough to take the time to create intricate details all around us. Just awesome.



I also love attempting to capture details with my camera. Whenever my mom looks through the pictures on her camera and sees really up-close pictures of random things, she always knows who the culprit is. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of some of the beautiful details in my life. Enjoy!

Some freshly picked okra from our garden. Look at the fuzz!

A little mushroom growing in our yard. I love the fringe around the outside.

More okra, this time in our garden after a nice refreshing rain.


A little bug crawling on a beautiful sunflower.

Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the marigolds, could it be, stop and see, how beautiful they are.
(Name that movie!)

Lovely wild plums at dusk. Simple. Beauty.

Miseur Grasshopper (French accent). Not necessarily beautiful but still very detailed and cool.

My favorite. Sublime.

Stop and smell the roses,
Michelle

1 comment: