Monday, July 26, 2010

Diary of a Sane White Lady

- I like to take notes on completely white, unlined paper. I cringe when I have to write on paper with lines. I don’t know why. It started in college when I would be taking notes in class and had to do free-body diagrams in Mechanics of Materials. Ever since then I have been writing on plain white paper.

- I love taking notes! I miss that part of college. I would have my blue, red, green, and black pens as well as my sharpies and would create the most beautiful and organized notes ever. This made my soul happy.

- I'm kind of a nerd. Oh, one Christmas my grandma (Hi Grandma! See you Sunday!) got me the coolest calculator ever! It was a TI-89 Titanium and it could graph and... nevermind. Let's just stick with I'm kind of a nerd. No need to give you proof. 

- $10 bills are my favorite. Whenever I get cash-back I always ask for it in tens. They make me smile.

- I like to think about where words came from. Like ‘please’. I mean think about it: If you want something really badly you would plead for it. You would offer a plea. So if you really wanted it you might offer up multiple pleas. Or you might just say, “Please.” My head is spinning.

- Or the word 'instead'. If you are going in someone’s place you are going in their stead, or if you shorten that, you are going instead. Too cool.

- I have no idea if either of the last two things that I have told you are true. I like to think they are. There are so many words out there that make NO sense at all and that is annoying.

- Like raze. If you raze a building you are actually demolishing it, while if you raise a building you are building it. That is just crazy talk.

- Or discombobulate. “To throw someone into a state of confusion.” While this word appears to make perfect sense, it seems like the opposite of discombobulated would be combobulated, which doesn’t exactly sound like an adjective used to describe someone out of the state of confusion.

- I hate all things coffee. I have never ever ever ever ever tasted anything that had anything to do with coffee that I even remotely liked. I can’t even stand the smell of it. Smells like skunk.

- John Darrin loves all things coffee.

- I don’t know how we live together sometimes.

- How is it possible to have a runny nose and a stuffy nose at the same exact moment? I don't understand it, but I am currently living proof that it is completely possible.

- Engineers are weird.

- Musicians are weirder.

- Artists are the weirdest.

- I am an engineer, my husband is a musician, and Miranda is an artist.

- That is why we all get along so well.

- John Darrin and I think that Miranda should marry a cowboy. We think it would be good for her.

- Does anyone know any single cowboys? :) Sorry Maru, I will stop now.

- Enjoy your Monday, people!
Michelle

(Please send all cowboy applications (including pictures) to: countrychickcitychick@gmail.com... Ok, I'm done. I promise!)

6 comments:

  1. Michelle! You crack me up!!!! Thank you for keeping me entertained at work, lol.

    You should introduce Miranda to Rob.....wannabe cowboy is more like it......JK JK

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsey. Sometimes when I write stuff like this I make JD or Miranda read it first to tell me if it is actually funny or one of those things that is just funny in my silly little twisted mind! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shell, you make my day when I read your blog. I have read other peoples and was bored to death. I look forward to yours. Makes me smile. After reading your blog, though, not sure if I am blessed to know you and should be scared, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoy it Adriane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    I too think all things coffee smell like a skunk! Graham woke up one day after 25 years of marriage and decided he was a coffee drinker. HELLO! That's a deal breaker. Same as a heteroman waking up, leaving the wife and kids, and marrying Pedro. A no-no. BUT, being the kind of nice person I am... I let him put his Mr. Coffee maker on the patio. Enjoy the sunrise outside I said. Marriage is about Compromise, compromise, (my way)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always knew we were kindred spirits, Mrs. Swank.

    ReplyDelete