Friday, July 16, 2010

Postcards

Lately, I have begun card making.  I like receiving little surprises in the mail, its so personal and fun and has no function except to bring a smile to your face!  I was thinking of making some postcards and have found some pretty funny ones while looking around on the web...


Finally!  A trip I can afford!  I just might have to bring my handy dandy tool belt with me.

I looked this up and it means "I think my horse properly".  So it totally makes sense now.

They really captured the essence of a true Texan cat.  

"Oh my goodness gracious!!!"
  
And we think Dallas traffic is bad!
  
I especially like the gigantor gator!  
(Natalie this one is for you ;)

 Germans, y'all are scandalous!
doot dee doo dee doo...

My home state!

I believe it.  My Mom always says mosquitoes love me because I'm so sweet!

This is the post card that I made!  Maybe you will receive one in the mail soon.


      I got this one on a trip to Nice, France.  I just thought the girls looked funny.  Plus, I love that they are curvy instead of a stick.  Boosts my self-esteem!

      This is the back.  At first I was thinking that this person was rude to not write a message.  But maybe it was Josephine's secret love Adrien Antone Baptiste, who her parents didn't like because he was studying Ancient Greek History, and what are you going to do with that?  Well his pet name for Josephine was Athenienne aka the goddess Athena, for Josephine reminded him of the goddess.  Yes, normally young men may say their sweetpea is likened to the beauty of Aphrodite, but Josephine was so much more than beautiful to Adrien.  What he loved about her was her intelligence, her courage, her wisdom, and sense of justice.  Yes, he was attracted to her physical beauty, but what most attracted him to her was her character.  Adrien was so bound and determined to take her as his bride that he went to Paris to try and win a prestigious fellowship at the Sorbonne, hopefully with that he could win her parents approval.  
      While roaming the streets in Paris, and wishing his Josephine was there to share this with him, he happened upon this 'carte postale'.  He dared not write a message for fear her parents would intercept it, but he knew from the picture she would know it was her beau sending his love.  
      Of course this is what happened, and of course he got the fellowship, became a world renowned Professor of Ancient Greek and they lived happily ever after fat and joyous with their 5 kids and tons of grandkids and dog Quasimodo.  

The End or Fin

A beintot!
Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Miranda! How I do love you!!! Hilarious. Of course that is what happened, I mean what else could it possibly be???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the texan cat one the best. oh and the one you made for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete