Friday, August 13, 2010

Compare and Contrast

Hi friends! Michelle and Miranda here. We are going to do a little compare and contrast between ourselves just for the fun of it. Here we go…

1.       How long have you lived in the area you live in now? How many places have you lived in your life?

Miranda-  I think its easier if I list...
     Uptown Dallas (March 2010-present)
     Grand Prairie (June 2009-Feb 2010)
     Denton (Sept 2004-May 2009) This includes one dorm, one apartment and two dif houses.
     Plano @ Mimi's house (June 2004-Aug 2004)
     Conway, AR (Summer 1991-May 2004) This includes one rent house for two years and then my 'home' for the rest.
     Springfield, MO (1988-1991)
     Fayetteville, AR (1986-1988)
Michelle- I have lived in Bolivar my whole life. I moved from my parents house into the house John Darrin and I are in now on the day of our wedding. Miranda, I didn't know you lived in Missouri!

2.       Name one thing you like and one you dislike about where you live.

Miranda- I like that everything is so close.  We can walk to the bar or a restaurant or whatever.  I also like that there are a lot of people my age and single, at where I am in life.  What I don't like is that a lot of people are trying to prove who they are by their materials, and its sad and also pressuring for myself.
Michelle- Too many people moving here. They want to live in the country so they move out here and turn the country into a neighborhood. Punks. Oh, and people with loud cars (you know who you are Mustang boy) and motorcycles who just love to rev their engines as they drive by our house. 

3.       If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Miranda- Ummmmm......I want to go everywhere!  See the world.  So I don't know of where I would live particularly.  I like living near a lot of people.  Rural areas are nice to visit, but after awhile I feel I might get cut off from the rest of the world.  
Michelle- Somewhere close to family, but not close to a city. I always dreamed of living somewhere where when I looked at the horizon there wasn't a building or power line or civilization in sight. And if it never got too cold or hot that would be nice too.

4.       Which band have you never seen live that you would love to see?

Miranda-   Joy Division.  Oh my goodness gracious that would be awesome!  Except the lead singer killed himself and they are all in their 50's now so I would love to go back in time and see them in some venue in their hometown of Manchester, England.  I like the song Transmission and She's Lost Control.  There isn't really good recordings of them live, and their records don't really capture their live sound.  Here is a better example of the song She's Lost Control.  It's an excerpt from the movie about them called Control.  Lead singer Ian Curtis had epilepsy and he danced kinda weird, which helped b/c it disguised any seizures that he might have on stage.  He makes me feel better about my flailing style of dancing.  They are an 80's post punk band, that after the lead singer's suicide, then named themselves New Order.  New Order is famous for Blue Monday, or Bizarre Love Triangle.  If you saw the preview for "Mary Antoinette" New Order is what is plays in the back ground.
Michelle- Jerry Jeff Walker. I love him and would love to see him live in some hole in the wall joint, or maybe down in Belize or something. Or I could jump in with Miranda in her time travelling machine and maybe catch Jerry Jeff with Willie Nelson when they sang together at Gruene Hall and recorded "The Man with the Big Hat". (I couldn't find a recording of them singing it together, but it is pretty awesome.)

5.       What is your favorite way to unwind?

Miranda-  Take a drive on back roads at night with the sunroof open, stars out, and music that is so good it gives you goosebumps.  Or watching movies on Netflix Instant Watch and DVR.
Michelle- Take a drive on back roads with the windows down, classic country up, and sun setting. Or sitting on my parents' front porch in a rocking chair petting the dogs and watching the sun set. That front porch is the reason I survived the craziness of college, I think.

6.       What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Miranda- Umm, its hard to decide... Tops are Blueberry Cobbler or Birthday Cake, both by Blue Bell.  Yum!
Michelle- Chocolate. Is there any other flavor?

7.       Who is your favorite artist?

Miranda- Cezanne, Degas, Klimt, Auerbach, Grant Wood, Kadinsky (below in order listed)
Cezanne
Degas
Klimt
Auerbach
Grant Wood
Kadinsky
    
Michelle- Um, so, yeah. I can't really name an artist off the top of my head. I mean I can name artists, but to say, " I like So-and-so because of Such-and-such painting." Yeah, I can't do that.  I like that Degas one up there though.

8.       What is one thing that is a must in your husband’s personality? (current or future!)

Miranda- Silly, i.e. he will silly dance with me in the kitchen while I'm cooking :) 
Michelle- Hard worker and not lazy. And be goofy with me!

9.       What do you look at most when you go to a(n) estate sale/ garage sale/thrift store?

Miranda- Chotchkeys (things whose only function is to be pretty or quirky), purses, jewelry, crafty & sewing stuff (I don't sew but I use it for making cards), and clothes (like 75% of the clothes at Urban or Anthro can be found at G-sales for $2).  OH and hats!  I have a lot of cute hats that I need to wear.
Michelle- I love to look at the linens- table cloths, runners, napkins, place mats. Also the dishes, furniture, and books. I pretty much avoid the women's clothes, but will look through the old lady scarves and handkerchiefs.  

10.   Where would you like to be in 7 years?



Miranda- I would love to be married, have a family, doing art, lots of colors surrounding me, and good friends.  I don't mind where I'll be living, but I want to be glorifying and enjoying God, on the front lines against the war on the devil!  I could be in a big or small city, in USA or foreign place, just wherever God wants us.  I hope I still have the mentality that you only have one life, so don't store up treasures here on earth, store up treasures in heaven!
Michelle- Hmm, middle of nowhere, some kids running around, cows of our own, some land around us, a miniature donkey named Po Campo, being a stay at home mom, and discipling girls and teaching them what the Lord has taught me through the years. Also, a water trough in the middle of one of the pastures that nobody can see for me to go skinny-dipping in would be great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment