Sunday, August 15, 2010

Estate Sales & Greeting Cards

I haven't had an estate sale fix in awhile!  My estate saleing buddy used to be Sandra at work, we would go Friday during our lunch break, so so many treasures were found during those lovely lunches!  Or whenever I could get to Denton on a Saturday and go with Michelle, but that is hard to work out because we are so popular.  Alas, I do not work there anymore and Michelle and my popularity has continued to grow so I have been jonesin' for a fix.  Which is why I was jumping for joy at the change to go with Natalie Pocta to an estate sale in Burleson!  I didn't even mind the fact that we needed to leave at 6:45 a.m. in order to be the first ones in line for the dishes Natalie had her eyes on.  (When someone has an addiction they will go to great lengths in order to satisfy their hunger ;)  


I don't want to make you jealous, but oh my gosh it was an awesome estate sale!  There was a great split of both guy and girl stuff.  As in plenty of tools, records, house hold junk from the husband, and crafty, girly, kitchen, chotchkeys from the wife!  They also kept things in very nice shape.  I could tell from their patches, postcards, and souvenirs from many different states that they had been all over the U.S.  I think it might have been from going to different Cactus or Succulent Festivals around the country, for there was a lot of souvenirs from those things.  Plus pots and a green house to match.  You can see evidence of this in the the blue, canvas bag that I bought below.  Michelle and I have always told each other that when we die and have estate sales people are going to be like "Oh my gosh, these people were awesome!"  For we have turned many a junk pieces to treasures, and gosh do I have a lot of "treasures".  And speaking of my treasures, you may now feast your eyes on everything I got for $33...




Yes, I know, God sure blessed me that day!  I got plenty of craft stuff to use for the greeting cards that I make.  Which brings up a perfect time for me to plug my new side project...Sweet Blossom Cards.  I got busy making some new cards and have posted them on my etsy site.  Also, totally let me know if you need a specific type of card and I would love to make it!


Back to the estate sale, I want to point out some cool things...Notice the bow ties in the front, Natalie and I both got some and will soon be sporting them on headbands.  Also, on the left I got some fabric scraps from the 70's that include psychedelic frogs, flowers, and pirate ships.  There were many treasures in my loot that I won't go into, for I don't want to make you drool, but suffice to say I think it was more than a success of an estate sale! 


OH!  And I almost forgot one of my favorite buys, E.T. greeting cards!  Okay, on ebay for just one by itself it is going for $12.99, but I have 9 of them so I wonder what I can get for that?!?  I mean who would have even thought of E.T. greeting cards!  Ha!
 
Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment