Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Embrace your style!

Why hello!  Long time no see!  Thanks, Michelle, for filling in while I've been gone!  I was at the great city of Galveston last week with the middle schoolers from my church. It was wonderful!  Lovely, but also very tiring.  So I did a lot of sleeping and staying-in this past weekend.  With all that napping I felt I better do something productive, but something I enjoy, so I painted.  I had no idea what to paint so I just popped in one of my favorite and most beautiful movies, Pride and Prejudice (Michelle and I are obsessed with this story!). I just started painting having no idea what to do.  This is what I came up with...

And this is what I was looking at...










Okay, now look again at what I painted from feasting my eyes on what's above...


It's so garish compared to the movie! (gar·ish/ˈgariSH/- Marked by strident color or excessive ornamentation; gaudy./Obtrusively bright and showy; lurid.)  Like goodness gracious, I must really like bright colors, but then you could probably tell that by my room, the clothes I wear, what I paint and such...


I think its fun how God puts this innate style in everyone!  It just comes out.  That is why I say, when it comes to home design/fashion/art/whatever, if you like it put it together.  Once you combine all the stuff you love there will be a style that you can see throughout.  Now, you may want to hire someone like me to help you get in touch with that style, organize it, and make it flow; but all in all God has given you a taste, don't deny it!  Tap into it and just love what you love, love with reckless abandonment!  Don't make your house beige and brown to be safe, embrace whatever you love!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. i love it!!! ok, seriously, next year: you. your art work assorments. denton arts and jazz festival. i'm just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you help me work the booth! ;)

    ReplyDelete