Friday, August 27, 2010

Italian Cream Soda

So, I have been a slacker this week and to make up for it I am going to show you how to make the best drink on earth. Seems like a fairly even trade to me! What makes it even better is that it only requires three ingredients, all readily available, AND to top it all off it is extremely addictive! So, if you haven’t forgiven me by now, I just don’t know what to say to you. Well, besides pretty please, will you forgive me? I am really sorry and I promise I didn’t forget about you.



I know that I mentioned making Italian Cream Soda in my post about Memaw’s Cinnamon Rolls, but it is so delicious I believe that it deserves its own post. That and I don’t want you to miss out on this experience in life. I first learned to love Italian Cream Sodas when I was a wee lad, about 2 months ago. My cousins, Katie and Anna, and I meet for bible study every Monday at Art Six in Denton and they make these there. It is a super cool coffee shop that is in an old house. It is actually where John Darrin and I had our first date! He asked me if I would like to go get coffee with him and I said yes! I didn’t mention that I despise all things coffee related. I ordered hot chocolate.

But, that story isn’t why we are all here. We are here for Italian Cream Soda. Here is what you need: 


Perrier carbonated mineral water, Vanilla flavoring syrup, and half & half. That’s it! See, it is even healthy! I got fat free half & half because it is easier on my sometimes volatile stomach. And the Perrier is just water, or as their website says, “Perrier contains only mineral salts and carbonation (CO2). It contains no sugar, caffeine or calories.” And it is French, so you know it is good! And finally, the Vanilla flavoring syrup which probably isn’t great for you, but it sure does taste good!

Here is how it all goes together.

In a super cool 7-UP glass that your grandfather that you never met made from the old bottles and you found in your grandmother’s garage about to be thrown away so you rescued them and brought them home and have a nine piece set that you adore- put some ice. Next put maybe a tablespoon of vanilla syrup and about half of the .5L bottle of Perrier. Doesn’t it look delish?


But we can’t stop there! Next pour in about a tablespoon of half & half and stir.


It should look like white water.


Mmm, now taste and see if you need to add any more of anything. I like it when it has a very light vanilla flavor. It is super refreshing and gulpable (definition of gulpable: easily gulped).

So there you go! I hope that you make this soon. You will love me even more than you already do, and I know you already do.

A few tips: Perrier is found in the water aisle at Wal-mart and the vanilla syrup is next to the coffee stuff (yuck).

I hope that you have a great weekend! We are expecting a new baby in the family any day now! I will keep you posted!

Love ya,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I have a real passion for cream soda, and really any flavor of Italian soda for that matter. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete