Wednesday, August 25, 2010

White Trash on 75

I'm from Arkansas.  Many Texans like to "comment" about my origin with stuff like "Any of your cousins married?",  "Know anyone with a full set of teeth?",  "Did you wear shoes to school?", get the picture?  Most of the time I just let them roll off my back, but if I'm having a bad day watch out!  Anyways, I usually respond that 'yes, you will find rednecks in Arkansas, but there are rednecks everywhere!  Including Texas!'  Well, as I was running errands the other day I happened upon striking evidence that rednecks do exist in Texas.  Low and behold there was a woman tanning on the back of an ole' beat up truck!!!  I was about to pass them when I saw this, I burst out laughing at this crazy attempt, and then I scrambled for my phone to take some pics, and here they are...

If you can't tell she was laying on a mattress with her earphones in and sunglasses on, also she had cool refreshment in her igloo cooler beside her.  Notice her other friends did not want to join her and smushed together side by side in ole'Bessie (that is what I'm naming their truck).  Also, take note of the essential redneck touches like the back flap (Michelle, whats the name for this?) instead they have stacked some 2 x 4's as a stand-in.  Goodness gracious.  So next time any of you Texans want to poke at the interesting characters that reside in Arkansas why don't you take a minute and look at the characters in your own state.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. it's a tailgate, and those photos are hilarious. but i guess if you're gonna have to ride in the bed anyway, might as well take advantage of the time, right?

    ReplyDelete