Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Sweet Gift

I got to eat lunch with Miranda the other day and she surprised me with a present! I just love presents, and Miranda always gives the best ones! For my birthday last year she gave me this:


An Edith Piaf 45 (that’s a record) with La Vie En Rose on it. One of my absolute favorite songs! I first fell in love with this song while watching the original Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. It is probably my favorite movie of all time. Oh, it just makes me smile to think about it!

I wish I had this dress.
And somewhere fancy to wear it, gloves and all!
The outfits that she had and that awesome haircut. Ah, I wish that those styles would come back around! 

I would wear this in a heartbeat.
 I wish I could pull off that haircut too!
(John Darrin would NOT go for that at all!)
Just one last picture. I want this dress so badly.
Why don't they make dresses like this anymore?
 I told JD the other day that I want to buy a petticoat
because I like the fluffy-skirt look.
One area where Miranda and I differ is which Sabrina we think is better. I love the old one and she loves the new one. It has caused many issues in our relationship, but I am happy to report that we have resolved them all and agree to disagree! Back to Miranda...

Miranda is just so thoughtful with her gifts. Well, Tuesday she came to eat with me at work and brought me another present that was just perfect.


This awesome handkerchief. She got it at the estate sale that she blogged about here. And then embroidered the B on it herself!


Isn't it gorgeous? I just love all of the colors. They work together so beautifully.

The hand-stitched-with-love bright blue 'B'.
The pinks and reds of the flowers just pop.
And then the awesome greens and yellows.
All the colors come together so beautifully!
And I love that she hand-stitched the B on it.


 I think that presents that people have put some time and thought and effort into are the best. I need to work on being better at giving these types of gifts, instead of just handing someone a gift card or $20. These types of gifts just mean so much more to the recipient.

Thank you, Miranda, for my new hanky! I love it! And I love you!!

So, if anyone has any examples of gifts that they have given or received that had thought put into them and meant so much to the recipient, I would love to hear about them!

Peace,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. The fact that Miranda is a "new" Sabrina girl gives me cause to worry about this friendship, however we are called to love regardless

    ReplyDelete